Wednesday, June 04, 2008

How to Set Up a Notes Client without User Intervention Using a Scriptable Setup

Have you ever used this feature? Technote : 1112835

LINK

I think it's working well. I've used it for two of my clients and the ROI is very important
In my case, the user's DATA\ are located on a network drive so it's easy to configure those Notes clients.
I send NTF, Images, UserID, ini in the personal network . With the current user's info, i populate the Setup file
While in my script, the archive database is created
At the end , a welcome message is sent to the new users.
They can click a button to completely finich the setup
Total Elapse time, approx 1minute per user

When you start you Notes client, you only have the message Notes configuration finished

No more Next button!

No comments: