Wednesday, March 25, 2009

From script, a way to differentiate a R5 bookmark file from a R6\R7 one?

Hi,

From my series :How to scan 400 users's local Notes data files?
Is their a way to differentiate a R5 bookmark file from a R6\R7 one via script?

For example, for the personnal address book, there is a new view called ($Policies).

Is their any such design element in R6\R7 bookmark.

I have a script and I need an element that would help me identify a wrong bookmark and do a replace design if so.

Thank you,

3 comments:

JYR said...

I finally found someone who had an old (R5) bookmark file. I will scan somes news views (Like download) or some new R6 agents (Like runOptions)

Thanks JF

Anonymous said...

I can tell you that the R5 Bookmark template had only three views:

(All Bookmarks)|All Bookmarks
(Layouts)|(Layouts)
(URLs)

Don't know about 6.0

There are a few more, but some of the new views present in 6.5/7 include:

($Subscriptions)|$Subscriptions
(ByURL)|ByURL
(Downloads)
(History)|History
(Layouts)|(Layouts)
(Subscriptions)|Subscriptions

Not sure about 8.0

There is one new view in 8.5 (and probably there in 8.0):

(Collaborations)|Collaborations

hth

JYR said...

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your answer,

I appreciate,

JYR